Call today: 941.328.3993

Representation before the IRS

If you have a tax issue and need to communicate with the IRS, consider hiring professional help to represent you. A tax professional will help you reduce the financial, emotional, and mental strain that dealing with the IRS causes. Koontz & Parkin, CPAs is able to represent you before the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities. In most cases, we can negotiate with the IRS on your behalf without you having to speak directly with their representatives. Our goal is to serve you and provide the best tax relief solution.

Jo Ann M. Koontz is a licensed CPA and Attorney practicing in the area of taxation. Since 1998 she has worked on cases involving the IRS. She can assist you with your unique situation.

Representation before the Florida Department of Revenue

If you have received notices from the Florida Department of Revenue, you should consider hiring professional help to represent you. The Florida Department of Revenue is involved in several areas of taxation such as Sales and Use Taxes, Reemployment Tax, Corporate Income Tax, and other taxes.

Sales and Use Taxes applies to the sale, rental, lease, or license to use goods, certain services, and commercial property in Florida. Individuals and businesses operating, selling or using goods and services may be required to collect or pay taxes to the Florida Department of Revenue. If your business will have taxable transactions, you must register with the Department of Revenue before doing business in Florida. If you are unsure whether your business transactions are subject to sales tax, contact Koontz & Parkin, CPAs for clarification.

Formerly known as Unemployment Tax, Florida’s renamed Reemployment Tax is designed to give partial, temporary income to workers who lose their jobs through no fault of their own and are able and available to work. Employers pay for reemployment assistance through a tax administered by the Department of Revenue. If your business meets the criteria of the department, you must register and pay reemployment taxes.

Corporate Income Tax returns need to be filed with the Florida Department of Revenue. Corporations, LLCs, partnerships, individuals, and entities that do business, earn or receive income in Florida (including out-of-state corporations) must file a Florida corporate income tax return. For details and assistance with preparing your corporate tax returns contact Koontz & Parkin, CPAs.

Other Taxes administered by the Department of Revenue include communications services, documentary stamp, fuel, gross receipts, insurance premium, pollutants, severance, solid waste and surcharge. If you have questions about any of these, contact Koontz & Parkin, CPAs for assistance.

Call Koontz & Parkin, CPAs in Sarasota if you are struggling with an IRS or Florida tax problem

Jo Ann M. Koontz and Marina Parkin offer a powerful combination of in-depth knowledge of tax regulations and years of experience representing clients. To schedule a consultation, call the Sarasota office of Koontz & Parkin, CPAs at 941.328.3993.

Share This Information

Related Pages

Schedule a Consultation

Marina Contact

Marina parkin 941-328-3993